1. City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4) / Cassandra Clare + 7. City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) / Cassandra Clare + 27. City of Heavenly Fire (Mortal Instruments #6) / Cassandra Clare = I finally finished this series! But why do epilogues exist. They so rarely do right. 4. Dead Reckoning /Charlaine Harris – only two left… 31. A Discovery of Witches / Deborah Harkness – ReadItGirls book club pick! Supernatural yoga (!) and yet, no. Just no. 23. Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1) / Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – 1 of 3 Valentine books from bae.
Tickets for San Diego Comic-Con 2015 recently went on pre-sale for those who went to Comic-Con last year. There were three of us who went together last year and so the three of us sat online the other day, waiting to be invited to purchase our tickets for 2015.
As luck would have it, Jonathan was the only one who was invited in — but he was able to get the three of us tickets for all four days next year (as opposed to only Thursday/Sunday, which is what we had this year).
…And I am really looking forward to it. In its honor, here’s a round-up of SDCC 2014 highlights.
One of my favorite things in 2011 was the book club that I participated in – until that book club fell apart and I moved abroad…so in late 2012 I started another one. We had quite the year.
1. World War Z / Max Brooks: I’m surprised by how much I liked this zombie book
2. Batgirl Vol. 1 / Gail Simone: ❤
3. The Crimson Petal & the White / Michel Faber: Great for discussion as long as you don’t go with the reader’s guide questions (“Describe how Faber exemplifies & perfects postmodern literature”)
4. Minor Characters / Joyce Johnson: Making me proud of my choice to not read the Beats
5. Terrier / Tamora Pierce: I’ll never look at pigeons the same way again
6. How to be a Woman / Caitlin Moran: Excellent for people who don’t think they’re feminists (*spoiler alert*: you probably are)