70/45 books read in 2013. Check it out.
One of my favorite things in 2011 was the book club that I participated in – until that book club fell apart and I moved abroad…so in late 2012 I started another one. We had quite the year.
1. World War Z / Max Brooks: I’m surprised by how much I liked this zombie book
2. Batgirl Vol. 1 / Gail Simone: ❤
3. The Crimson Petal & the White / Michel Faber: Great for discussion as long as you don’t go with the reader’s guide questions (“Describe how Faber exemplifies & perfects postmodern literature”)
4. Minor Characters / Joyce Johnson: Making me proud of my choice to not read the Beats
5. Terrier / Tamora Pierce: I’ll never look at pigeons the same way again
6. How to be a Woman / Caitlin Moran: Excellent for people who don’t think they’re feminists (*spoiler alert*: you probably are)